Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Making better use of my time

I did some work for Grumpy this morning but then had a couple more blissful hours of being completely caught up before Sneezy and Dopey sent new stuff.
Sidebar: This new information should allow my sister to deduce that her company is Doc and not Dopey. (Naturally, I decided to let her worry about it for a few days.)
Sidebar to the sidebar: I am in love with the dwarf names and will probably still think of all my clients that way long after I get tired of blogging about it.
Anyway, I had time to walk 4½ miles on the treadmill at the gym, including a little over half a mile of running in short intervals. I'm figuring out that the only way to get fast is to run fast, even if it's only in short bursts at first. So once every mile, I set the thing for 8.7 mph (a 7-minute mile) and then just went as long as I felt like it at that speed. It's not a sprint, but maybe close to 90% effort, which is apparently enough to get good results.

And while I'm linking, I just saw this, which almost made me regret my decision to cut out sugar for a couple of weeks. But instead of caving to the pressure, I made chocolate chili instead.

And I saw this interesting thing about calcium, which helped to alleviate perhaps the only worry I have left about eating Paleo. 'Cause I eat all manner of green things now.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I was not worried. I knew I was doc. And I'm behind. So no worries about anything coming from me soon!

    ReplyDelete