Thursday, February 9, 2012

Birthday fun starts…now!

It's funny I should have joked that I was never going to leave the house again, because right after I did, an avalanche of work poured onto my head, and I stayed at my desk for three days straight trying to dig out. ("Dig up, stupid!")

I did get to go outside today on the way to my son's band concert. Best of all, the concert was so good, and my birthday is so tomorrow, that we went out for ice cream afterward. We have all but stopped eating out, so this was some Big Deal fun.

Speaking of birthdays, I have one friend from college who never forgets a special occasion, and I got my card today right on schedule. Chances are it may be the only card I actually get in the mail, and although I'm not particularly sentimental about birthdays OR greeting cards, I have to admit it's really nice. So I started thinking that, for our 50th birthdays, I should send every single person I know an actual card in the actual mail.

Since most of my friends are about my age, that plan doesn't really go into effect for about nine years. But if you've got a 50th birthday coming up before then, let me know. Because I mean it. Turning 50 is a big deal.

4 comments:

  1. I have friends like that - who always send cards exactly on time. I need to work on that...

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!

    I'm really bad about sending cards, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I have wrapped my mind around 40 being in my near future, but don't start talking about 50 on me. Ack! Ack! And happy birthday. Did a little Monet find its way to you? We were late getting it to Ivan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated birthday (blog) wishes Julie! Did you have steak?

    fyi a little linkin' love coming your way:
    http://www.jenworden.com/2012/02/whats-old-is-new-again/

    ReplyDelete