Thursday, April 9, 2015

In the pool, on the needles

I swam last night with the group and was very excited to find that I can again do butterfly without significant pain. The annoying thing is that what pain there is has migrated to my left shoulder—which I never had the slightest problem with until I started doing rehab for my right one.

I figured it was a good idea to do the same exercises on both sides so I wouldn’t end up with any imbalances, but I guess…not? Anyway, the plan remains the same: Stop the rehab, stop focusing on upper-body weight lifting, keep stretching, and see if it will just freaking heal now.

P.S. Here’s what I finally started:


It’s not exciting except that I had to learn a new technique (double knitting) to do it. The plan is to knit a long strap, attach metal rings to both ends, and use it to carry my yoga mats around. I’ve already made myself a yoga mat strap, but this one will be better and prettier and will live on the second set of mats I own. Kind of a boring project but useful, educational, theoretically quick, and making good use of scrap yarn. I talked myself out of doing something wacky for now.

P.P.S. Maybe I should put my abundance of free time to use and clean off my desk, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment