Monday, October 18, 2010

Follow-up

Monday: Bike 17 miles

I told the physical therapist about the bruise, and he said, "Oh, didn't I warn you that might happen?" He said they have to walk a fine line because if they're too gentle it doesn't do any good, and if they're too rough, you get raw-hamburger leg. At any rate, today's session hurt much less, and I was glad. I'm daring to hope that my IT band is actually starting to loosen up enough that future massaging might even feel good.

I'm having an almost nightmarish amount of work befall me in the next few days. I'm hoping to stick to the schedule, but we'll see how bad it gets.

1 comment:

  1. I was catching up on your blogs and saw this...but I kept telling myself, "This is the Ironman, sticking with crap like this,".

    Here is something I always kept telling myself. There are 2,200 people registered for my Ironman Race, are they slacking off today like I want to or are they sticking to their plan and training? Thinking about the 2,200 other people training for the same race I was training for kept me focused and thinking I was not doing this alone although most of my training was alone. Remember when you want to slack off....are the 2,200 other people slacking off today??? You are doing great!!! Just keep at it and stay focused. Your toughest training is still ahead of you....BTW...I love physical therapy...but then again, I have a high tolerance for pain....Later, Pat

    ReplyDelete