Saturday, October 16, 2010

One day at a time

Saturday: Bike 14 miles, run 3 miles

First, the promised photo. Today it looks like a regular old bruise:



I had a hard time getting myself out the door for my ride today. Not because of the bruise (which hurts to touch but not to run and ride on), but just because it was gray and cold and I'm tired and cranky. Then I got back home from the ride, and it took me another hour to get out the door again for the run.

I think I'm going to have to take Week 5 one day at a time, because when I start thinking about everything that I'm going to need to do, I start to freak out a little bit. Lots of work rolling in, lots of family responsibilities, and oh my gosh, would you look at that nutty workout schedule! Week 4 didn't include a rest day, so I moved things around and created one, thinking it was just a mistake. Well, Week 5 doesn't have a scheduled rest day either, and I'm really not seeing any workouts I really want to double up on. Guess I'll burn a bonus rest day but do them all as written.

Beyond that, the strategy should probably be to get my longest workout out of the way tomorrow, before the work avalanche, but I'm not in the mood to think about that yet. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment