Thursday, December 15, 2011

Vitality now!

I still have a nagging cough, but I'm delighted to be well enough for yoga again. As a bonus, I've discovered that I can now do a yoga push-up (visual aid at left). Why I suddenly developed that ability after a week and a half of being sick, I couldn't tell you. Maybe I am more determined now to be full of vitality.

Speaking of health and vitality, I noticed the other day that my plantar fasciitis is finally completely gone. My heels first started hurting back in February, but I just kept pounding the crap out of them anyway until the race in June. It then took SIX MONTHS of no running before I could get out of bed in the morning without limping. I was surprised by that, but in a way I didn't mind. I always knew my body would take a serious, serious beating if I did the Ironman.

Here's what I do mind, though: When I was in the throes of this virus, I bent over to reach for the floor and pulled a muscle in my groin. Just bend…twang. (Apparently one feature of the disease is that it turns your muscles into old rubber bands.) That was about a week ago, and it hasn't even started to heal.

My parents claim it's old age. Whatever it is, I don't like it. If I'm going to be limping around, I'd at least like a finisher's medal or something to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment