Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shifting interests

My extracurricular reading is slowly shifting from triathlon blogs (most of which no longer interest me much) to mommy blogs and Paleo eating blogs. I guess that's a rough measure of where I might be going with my life now. Notice that I still read very few writing-related blogs, yoga blogs, gardening blogs, or housekeeping blogs. And still zero beer-making, right-wing political, left-wing political, tap-dancing, Russian history, or Elvis impersonator blogs. (I was going to include "clown-school blogs," but I realized that the reason it came to mind was because I have recently read a very fine blog about clown school.)

With Paleo eating, I'm still in the mostly-thinking-about-it stage. I thought about it a lot yesterday, but that didn't stop me from eating waffles with chocolate chips while playing Apples to Apples with the family from 10 to 11 p.m. last night. There's a silent starter's pistol for seriously beginning this kind of thing. It goes off at 8:15 a.m. next Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment