Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jelly Bean "race" report

I signed up for another virtual race a couple of weeks ago, all confident and gung-ho about improving my 5K time again. Since then, a few things have happened:

  • My sister and family came to visit, and I started spending all my free time socializing with them.
  • I started eating 80% of my meals away from home. Since my rule is that I can eat pretty much whatever crap I want when I'm not at home, this has not been good for me. Also, Cadbury Eggs came into season.
  • I woke up with an awful crick in my neck the other day and then made it ten times worse by trying to do yoga on it.

Anyway, today was the last day to do the race. My neck still hurts and I didn't really feel up to running, but I didn't want to bail out completely either, so I decided to walk it. Time: 50:22.

Then, since it was a really nice day and since I had about twenty minutes left on my audiobook and since I've calculated that if I'm going to hit 1,000 miles I need to start averaging 3½ miles a day, I went an extra mile. Only 833 to go. :)

1 comment:

  1. I got a crick in my neck last week from watching TV episodes on my computer in an awkward 'sideways' position on the couch. At yoga the day after I was trying to hang my neck down and it basically just wouldn't go - it was 'stuck'!

    ReplyDelete