Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy tired

I love it when a day has a plan and the plan gets carried out successfully. My husband knows this, and he scored major points when he pulled the kids away from their watching-"Dr.-Who"-in-the-dark-while-wearing-pajamas marathon and announced that they were going to:

  1. Mow the lawn,
  2. Get on their bikes to go water a friend's trees while they're out of town,
  3. Have a late lunch,
  4. Watch "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World," and
  5. Go play at the pool.

I did NOT have to mow the lawn, water the trees, or watch "Mad World," but I DID get to work, eat, and play at the pool, so really, I was the big winner in all this. Now I'm exhausted from an hour and a half of swimming and playing of keep-away in the water, but I'm happy, too. I feel like our whole family has had so much more energy lately, and the change in Michael especially has been wonderful. We're not sure exactly what he weighed before going Paleo, but he said it was over 100 pounds. He was down to 95 when he weighed himself just now, and he certainly looks like he's lost 5 pounds of belly.

It takes a lot of effort on my part to feed him, and the rest of us, but I'm realizing how gratifying it is to cook when people enjoy it and you know how much benefit it brings them.

1 comment:

  1. Trimmer will be less drag in the water, now if you can get him into yoga, he'll really shine in the water.

    ReplyDelete