Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Unintended consequences

See how pretty?
Something kind of strange has happened to me, and I'm open to theories about it.

Over the past several months, I have grown to LLLove* food. I consider breakfast so much of an art form that I'm frequently moved to take pictures of my plate. A particularly tasty bowl of Pad Thai might make me laugh with glee. I blog incessantly about cooking. A successful new recipe makes my whole entire day. I talk about, and to, my food processor. I have raved to my kids about roasted cauliflower with garlic so many times they think I'm certifiable. 

At dinner tonight, my hamburger patty topped with caramelized onions, mushrooms, fried kale, and bacon was bringing a joyous song to my heart, and so I brought this up to my family. Ha, they said. Don't think we haven't noticed, they said. We can tell you exactly what's going on here, they said:

  1. You are a crazy, food-obsessed person.
  2. Paleo has done something to your brain.
  3. You are a complete wackjob.
Then I caught Mik smiling to himself with what can only be described as glee as he dusted an enormous bowl of broccoli with parmesan cheese. And then, not five minutes after informing me that I had a unique and bizarre obsession, M.H. spontaneously burst out with, "This bleu cheese burger on a bed of tossed salad is a work of sublime beauty!" and then looked sheepish.

So there you go. It's door number two. Paleo does something to your brain.

* Yes, love with three capital L's.

No comments:

Post a Comment