Monday, February 4, 2013

Revelations

The more I nibble on these magic brownies, the more I think I'm a genius. They are so moist and good, and it's not going to take much more tinkering to get the kinks out of the recipe. Because of the presence of avocado (secret ingredient, REVEALED!) in the batter, no one else in the family will even try one. I'm still deciding if that's a bug or a feature.

I've suddenly got it in my head that I want to learn to play the flute. I envision keeping it on my desk and practicing for 5-minute intervals during the day while waiting for documents to show up for editing—a pretty frequent occurrence. (That's my Facebook Scrabble-playing time.) I told M.H. I wanted a flute for my birthday, and he reminded me that we weren't doing birthday presents because we're saving money to go to Maui for our anniversary (fabulous vacation plans, REVEALED!) but I guess that's okay. If this turns out to be an impulse with staying power, I can just ask Santa to bring me a flute instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment