Monday, October 3, 2011

More for me!

I ran out of work, so today has been a bit of a cooking day. My usual process is:

  1. Get an idea for something I want to make.
  2. Google a bunch of recipes.
  3. Decide none of them is quite right and just wing it.

That's how I came up with the tastiest meatballs ever. I fed them to the kids (with spaghetti for them and with mushrooms for me) but they made faces. So I scraped theirs into my bowl and tried not to let on that I was glad I didn't have to share. (My husband liked them, so I may have to share with him.)

Then I announced that I wanted to make some more coconut milk ice cream, and would my 13-year-old be interested in strawberry-banana? He thought strawberry-kiwi sounded better, and I had two very ripe kiwis, so I made that. It was awesome, but he didn't end up liking it. Heh, heh, heh.

Now I'm off to create some homemade ranch dressing and maybe some spicy sausage patties to freeze (I bought a Costco amount of ground pork). I'm going to need my own fridge soon.

2 comments:

  1. You might just have to share that recipe. If you can remember it that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt, it had a pound of ground beef, a pound of ground pork, minced garlic, salt, pepper, some other spices I can't remember, and FENNEL. FENNEL is the key. You mix it all together with your hands and then form it in little balls and bake it. Something like this, http://www.chow.com/recipes/10958-italian-meatballs but I didn't use eggs or milk or bread crumbs or cheese or anything. Just the seasoned meat.

    ReplyDelete