Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hassles and stress

I got some unexpected work on work of the regular work I was already working work, plus Mik has a swim meet this weekend, plus HASSLES! STRESSES! LIFE! AAAAUUGH!

(In fact, the only reason I'm on the computer now is that we forgot to bring a few things to the meet when we left the house at 6:30 this morning. So I got to come home and retrieve them—and bask in the bliss that is not needing to watch any swimming for at least an hour.)

I just want to say that it's pretty challenging to eat primal foods when you're this busy, and relying partly on a concession stand for sustenance. I'm hanging in there so far, but my mom has already informed me that for my dad's birthday party this weekend, we are just going to order pizza, and to heck with healthy. (It seems HASSLES! STRESSES! LIFE! AAAAUUGH! has visited their house as well.)

If I have any time after the swim meet today, I'm going to spend some of it shopping and cooking so that I don't starve next week. Not sure how I'm going to squeeze in exercise.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a recipe that sounded appealing and made me think of you:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/dining/ginger-cucumber-carrot-and-cabbage-slaw-recipe.html?ref=dining

    good luck surviving the weekend and week to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds simple and very tasty, thanks! I think I need to post more recipes. Knowing what to make is half the battle.

    ReplyDelete