Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chia seed experiment #1

I talked my husband into going to the health-food store with me last night to look for chia seeds, and while we were there, he noticed that they sell local honey, so we grabbed that, too. (I also purchased most of the supplies for homemade sunscreen, but more on that later.)

I had made a loaf of Paleo "bread" that desperately needed something sweet spread on it, so this morning I whipped up a batch of strawberry jam with the chia seeds. (It was just a cup of strawberries, a tablespoon of chia seeds, a tablespoon of water, and a few drops of honey combined in the food processor and then refrigerated for an hour.) My jam actually looks a little odd and foamy, but it hit the spot on the cavebread, so mission accomplished. In fact, that might end up being dinner.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to use a food processor for the jam, actually, but I use it for everything now. I accidentally killed my little one a few weeks ago with some overzealous chopping of frozen fruit, but I got a bigger, tougher, shinier one for Mother's Day, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment