Here are my ideas for additional Mik-friendly Paleo dishes:
- Meatballs; i.e., hamburgers in a different shape. If he ever masters eating those, I might try putting garlic or eggs or almond flour in them.
- Mashed potatoes; i.e., hasbrowns in a different shape. The plus there is I should be able to slip in garlic and almond milk, at least.
- Nothing soup; i.e., warmed beef broth. He might let me put broccoli in it, but I don't have high hopes.
- Paleo Pad Thai without the eggs and chicken. He's tried this before and turned up his nose, but it's really, really good, and I think he should try again, don't you? Maybe with some honey in the sauce?
- Cucumbers. He doesn't actually like them but has eaten them frequently in the past when forced to.
- Caramelized onions. He ate one the first time I made them and did not make a face. (Or realize he was eating an onion.)
- White "bread." I already tried and failed to feed him this one, but I think I overcooked it and want to try again.
- French toast pancakes. These are mostly cream cheese. (Did I mention I'm letting him eat cheese? That's for both our sanity.) What's not to like?
- Coconut milk strawberry ice cream. Pretty sure I'm deluding myself, but if he doesn't eat it, then I'll get to.