Thursday, July 20, 2023

A reintroduction

Since I see the inevitable end coming for this Whole30, I went ahead and officially stopped it (after Day 46) to try at least one food reintroduction, the most important one: butter. So basically I’m going to eat the same way I have been today, except to cook some things in butter. Then I’ll go back to Whole30 eating for a few days. I guess if I suffer any ill effects from butter then I’ll have my bad news, but I’m really not expecting any.

It was a good day to add butter back in, because I got a bunch of adorable pullet eggs from a new “chicken lady” I met on Facebook ($4 a dozen delivered, with the pullet eggs thrown in as a bonus!). The only reasonable way to eat pullet eggs is fried, so you can enjoy all the little yolks whole. And the only reasonable way to fry eggs is in butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment