Sunday, July 2, 2023

Whole30 Day 27

I think the main thing this Whole30 has done is remind me of how important it is to COOK. We had been getting kind of lazy, to the point where if we didn’t have anything in the fridge and didn’t really feel like making dinner we would just go out for burritos.

(I know that’s not a radically shocking confession, but it is a pretty big regression from the way I was eating 10 years ago.)

“If you want to eat, you have to cook” is what I keep telling myself, and it goes along nicely with my strong feelings about taking care of my own house/yard, even when hiring someone else to clean the bathrooms sometimes sounds like a really fine idea.

Also, I decided it would be dumb to stop the Whole30 one day early for the family party, so I will just have to be slightly annoying and either bring something or find out in advance if there will be something I can eat. I haven’t made any big announcements about doing a Whole30, but everyone is used to me eating weird.

Also, I must be (Tiger Blood!) motivated, because I read a book about decluttering, and now I have a New Life Plan to work on the house clutter for 30 minutes per day until I’ve done the whole thing. (It will probably take six months at that rate, but whatever.) The book says to start in the bathrooms, mostly because there’s very little difficult decision-making to be found in there. Great idea, and I think I decluttered most of my own drawers a few years ago, so it shouldn’t be too bad. Plus all the bathrooms need to be cleaned (speaking of which), so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment