Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Play and work

Day 38

Work this summer has been QUIET, which is always slightly alarming but also gives me lots of time to play. I’ve been urban sketching, learning to crochet, reading a lot, swimming outside, doing yoga outside, doing jigsaw puzzles, and passively watching my tiny garden explode. (Plus tons of decluttering, which is not actually fun, but I am enjoying the results.) Let it not be said that I didn’t enjoy summer to the fullest! Honestly, anytime the windows are open, that’s a win in my book.

My Achilles tendons still hurt, which of course puts a damper on everything, but my foot and knees feel better today. I was noticing that my neck was hurting, too, and I couldn’t figure out why until I swam yesterday morning. It’s literally sore from turning my head side to side to breathe! So I’m back to square one in the pool, basically, but I’ll keep plugging away and eventually get a little better.

Actually, between yoga, swimming, and now lifting weights, I have added quite a bit of exercise to my life recently. Maybe I will see some benefit at some point…

No comments:

Post a Comment