Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Will she or won't she (ever get on a bike)?

Tuesday: 30 minutes yoga, 10 minutes meditation

I actually semi-thought about going biking today. I tried on two pairs of bike shorts (they didn’t fit, plus they had that weird crackling thing that happens to stretchy fabrics when they haven’t been touched in 12+ years). So I put on regular shorts, went out to the garage, located my bike shoes and helmet, dusted off the bike (cough), and located the air compressor. I could not locate the little adapter I needed to actually inflate the tires, though, nor the writing on the tires that tells you what to inflate them to.

So I reasoned that that was enough for one day (haha) and went downstairs to do some yoga instead. Which was great except that I was coughing a bit from inhaling all the dust on my bike (this is true but also a metaphor). During yoga, I caught myself worrying about all the things I couldn’t do very well, so I decided to start noticing instead of all the things I COULD do well. For example, my hamstrings are very flexible, I know all the poses that are being called out, I have all the equipment I need, my shoulder is fully rehabbed from a softball incident, my spine has a lot of mobility, and so on.

The percussive massager thing (hereafter called the Thumper) seems really useful. It really dug into some tight spots in my calves, and I wasn’t sore the day after using it, so I might get even a little more aggressive with it.

I also got five hours of work done yesterday with most of the company having gone and am planning on five more today. That may not get me totally caught up, but at least I feel like it’s under control again.

No comments:

Post a Comment