Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Day 1

Wednesday: Yoga in the Park, one hour 

I think it would be interesting to go back and see how many blog posts I’ve called “Day 1” and evaluate how all those big plans worked out. Ambitious “day 1” declarations are sorta my whole personality, according to some people. (I might remind those people that I trained for and completed an entire Ironman, so sometimes things actually work out fine.)

Anyway THIS Day 1 is day 1 of the renewed Whole30, and since the last one went just fine I don’t see any particular reason for ridicule or skepticism. I even got on the scale this morning to get a new “starting” weight (exactly the same as at the end of the last Whole30).

I declared before heading to yoga this morning that I was going to give it one more chance to not be weird, but unfortunately it seems to be just weird now. The instructor was talking a lot about reaching, for some reason, and to demonstrate she went over to a nearby tree and reached for a branch about three inches out of reach. Then she said, “Now watch what happens when I reach for it with my energy,” and we just sat there as literally nothing whatsoever moved or changed. I was half-expecting the branch to bend gracefully into her hand, but no. Then we all had to go to our own trees and reach for our own branches, so I amused myself by going for one I could actually reach and saying, “I win.”

I think if I actually want to start winning at yoga I need to stay home and use my time a bit more productively, but I am a little sad because this started out as pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment