Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Theory shot all to hell

I got the results from the blood test ordered by my new doctor, and generally things are good, but it sort of destroyed the low-hormone hypothesis I have been working from. I was assuming estradiol (estrogen) was the key ingredient missing from my life, but it is actually high, not low. So the way I see it, I really have no options left but to 1) go back to perfect eating in a few weeks when life gets back to normal and 2) exercise, exercise, exercise! 

I know there’s no downside to that plan, really. In fact, in a way it will be fun to turn this into an exercise/training blog again. I know I am starting this time from negative zero, but I also know that it’s pretty fun to notice and record improvements in fitness. I just this moment decided that the first step is to get my bike in working order so I can get some movement that way, since walking is currently way more difficult than it should be.

My other big goal is to LET GO of the anger/anxiety/angst caused by the recent family drama I alluded to earlier. It’s out of my hands anyway, so there’s no reason to let it affect my sleep and stress levels. So maybe…meditation?

By the way, I don’t know if I can realistically start any kind of New Life Plan until September, but I can definitely take some first steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment