Saturday, September 11, 2010

Low ebb

Friday: Yoga, bike 9 miles
Saturday: Yoga, bike 34 miles

So tired. Either the yoga+34 miles wiped me out, or my body is busy fighting off the disease my husband and son have (or both). At some point this evening we just gave up trying to do anything useful, had pancakes for dinner, and watched movies on Netflix until bedtime.

I have to say, it's disheartening to be so exhausted after a ride that's less than a third of 112 miles. Instead of a marathon afterward, I took my grandmother grocery shopping. After about an hour of moving at 0.5 mph, I just wanted to curl up and go to sleep on her living room couch.

I might take tomorrow off just so someone around here has the energy to do the dishes.

1 comment:

  1. uhm. unless I'm missing something, you don't need to ride 112miles TODAY. Chill, girlfriend, chill. It'll come. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete