Friday, March 4, 2011

Silent running

Friday: Yoga, water run 60 minutes, bike 23 miles

Water running. Bah. I've gotten deep enough into the latest audiobook I'm listening to, "Pride and Prejudice," that it's a real sacrifice to waste an hour where no portable media player dares to go. But I'm sure my future self will thank me when I can again get out of bed in the morning without limping.

I'm kind of excited that I've gotten to the point where I can call this an easy day, even though it added up to (math, math, math) three hours and 45 minutes of exercise. It was actually lovely and low-impact and relaxing.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 3 hours and 45 minutes of exercise. I'm seriously impressed. Is that more or less than you did as a college swimmer? I think I averaged 2.5 hours during those years, and never once did I think of that as a time luxury! I sure do now, though, when I'm aiming for an hour a week (and failing, mind you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. In college we worked out 4 hours a day Monday through Saturday. I think three days a week it was "only" 2½ hours in the pool and the rest in the weight room. I'm at peace with the fact that I'll NEVER EVER EVER EVER be in that kind of shape again, Ironman or no.

    Have I ever mentioned how much my life got more fun sophomore year after I was off the team? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for your sacrifices, past self! My foot is healing up nicely.

    ReplyDelete