Wednesday, March 2, 2011

War on plantar fasciitis

Tuesday: Run 9 miles, bike 16 miles
Wednesday: Swim 2,700 yards, bike 19 miles

It's 8:30 p.m., and I kind of can't believe I'm about to ditch the comfy slippers and sweater, put on squeezy shorts, and embark on a bike workout that calls for me to get my heart rate up to 160 (which I assure you I have never seen on a bike and don't expect to tonight, though I may die trying).

I also can't believe how much my heels hurt after running yesterday. I am officially rededicating my life to healing this plantar fasciitis. So far today I have stretched three times, iced twice, and rolled with a golf ball for more than an hour. I also purchased a night splint to sleep in—just one, so I guess I'll alternate which foot gets the pleasure. I slept in it last night (left foot!), and it woke me up in the middle of the night with some kind of pinching on my ankle. Not sure exactly why, since it was the middle of the night and I simply tore it off and went back to sleep.

One of these bad boys.

Also, I'm going back to either walking or water running until this is better. The timing is kind of bad, since there were supposed to be some higher-intensity runs this week, but I'm sticking to what I know what I need to do to make this Ironman happen:
  1. Do all the training
  2. Without getting hurt

No comments:

Post a Comment