Monday, November 8, 2010

That screaming you hear is my hip

Saturday: Bike 16 miles
Sunday: Swim 2,900 yards, run 4 miles, yoga
Monday: Bike 27 miles, hip exercises

Oof. Feels like I went from a crazy week of work to an even crazier weekend of training. And it's still a couple of days away from a rest day! Have mercy.

So in a nutshell:
  • Saturday's ride confirmed for me everything I had already figured out about the trainer (1. It's good for me, and 2. It sucks), but I did manage to get the sweat/hair problem under control a bit with a headband and a towel. I think the next step is to park a fan in the garage for the winter.
  • Sunday was jam-packed with activities, such that the only time I could get the swim done was to get up at 6 in the morning. I also went to my first yoga class in several weeks, and luckily it was a relatively easy one. I used it to st-r-e-t-ch after my run.
  • Monday I got to try out my new bike shorts (on the bumpy roads, no less), and what do you know? They really help. Thank goodness. They're a bit on the snug side, but I am working on that.
I decided I ought to be accountable for doing some hip strengtheners at least three times a week, so I'm going to start writing them down. I don't want to end up back in PT if I can help it. But Dan achieved his great results by making me work extremely hard, and so that's what I'm trying to do to myself. I basically did sets of leg circles to failure, and afterward, between that and the hard ride, I could barely manage the stairs. Owwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment