Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pajama party

Monday: Bike 18 miles, run 3 miles
Tuesday: Run 6 miles, bike 11 miles

You know it's not a good day when you don't even manage to get dressed. Today I got up, started working in my pajamas, and didn't finish until around 5. Then I put on workout clothes, ran and biked for nearly two hours, showered, and got right back in pajamas. Why not? It's pitch black out, and I'm not going anywhere…there's more work to do.

Despite my getting all misty-eyed about running in my last post, my body decided to rebel today. I was holding a pace just over 70% on the heart-rate monitor, and it hurt. I was breathing too hard, my calf cramped up, and even my stomach wasn't happy. Then I switched to a pace just below 70%, and everything was hunky-dory again. So 134 beats per minute = bad. 130 beats per minute = good. Go figure.

Hey, this is the end of Week 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment