Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Making the best of it

Monday: Swim 2,400 yards, bike 9 miles
Tuesday: Swim 2,300 yards

I was supposed to finish out Week 6 with a bike ride today, but I ran out of daylight before I ran out of work, and my efforts to actually set up a bike trainer were frustrated by a quick-release lever that seems to be right in the way. The only thing I really had time for, glancing over Week 7's workouts, was a swim, so that's what I did. I hope I have time tomorrow or Wednesday to get that ride in before I get really confused about what week I'm on and what I'm supposed to be doing.

I'm going to be busy again tomorrow, so my husband said he'd take the bike and trainer to the bike shop for me to see what can be done. What a guy.

In other biking news, I found a really good deal on eBay on a pair of fancy bike shorts I wanted, so I've postponed the saddle shopping until I see what the magical, fluffy-cloud, yet discounted shorts can do. My one concern is that they are a medium, while I remain in the "large" category, but I figure they are stretchy, right? Plus I fully intend to be a medium in a matter of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment