The training is ramping up to a new level. Know how I can tell? Do you remember the last time it did, and I found myself constantly forgetting where my keys were and trying to store spinach in the silverware drawer? Well, now I'm doing stuff like that again, plus some stuff that's worse:
- I no longer get up in the morning with the rest of the family.
- I fall asleep at my desk.
- I stand up and then immediately fall back down again.
This morning I actually did make it out of bed before my husband left for school with the kids, and so I rode along in the car with them (because that's quality time right there, is what that is). Only when we arrived at the elementary school did I realize I had forgotten the annual "Memories for Moms" event, where all the loving, on-the-ball mothers bring their children to school early and have an (apparently memory-generating) muffin or donut with them. My son was all, "Quick, Mom, come in with me and we can still do it!" I weighed the feasibility of this:
- I had not put in my contacts. That's OK. My glasses look cool, even if they don't actually allow me to see all that well.
- I had not combed my hair. No biggie, it doesn't look that much better when it's combed.
- I was wearing pajama pants and a stained T-shirt. Might be do-able. I really love my kid, and I could probably leave my coat on to cover the stain.
- I had left the house with bare feet.