Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekend provisions

We're going to be at a swim meet all weekend about an hour's drive from home, in a town with no restaurants that don't have "Mc" in front of their names. Or "King" or "Queen" at the end. There might be a "Bell." But the point is, NO PALEO FOOD.

So we've been puzzling over what to pack that's (a) Whole30 legal and (b) will be decent cold or at room temperature. So far we've come up with hard-boiled eggs, tuna, fruit, raw vegetables, nuts, and the banana-walnut muffins I just made. We should be able to survive on that, but I will miss the chili and lo mein in the fridge.

I suppose ideally I'd just pretend the hunt wasn't successful and go hungry for six hours, but that seems like a really bad idea at a place where they're going to be selling pizza and doughnuts.

P.S. My swimmer has been looking incredibly strong lately when I see him at practice. (Could it be the improved nutrition???) I think he's going to destroy some of his times this weekend, and he seems to think so, too. Stay tuned.

P.P.S. Paleo challenge Day 20? Nothing to report, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment