Monday, January 2, 2012

Barefoot walking and cauliflower rice

All through the Christmas break, I would wake up at 5 a.m. and have a lot of trouble going back to sleep. This morning, the first "back to normal" day, wouldn't you know it? When the alarm went off at 7, I was still sleeping like a stone. But I guess that's a good thing. And my stomach is 90 percent better. I'm going to go ahead and credit both of those to my one day of eating a vastly improved diet, so thanks, Whole30! That's two giant steps away from feeling rotten.

I think I got some of my gung-ho back, too. After making everyone breakfast, I got right down to work and finished everything up in time for the new 10:20 yoga class. I even walked to the gym. But it turned out that the class is actually starting next week, so I tried a little barefoot walking on the treadmill instead. It felt OK (although my toes were numb from walking outdoors), so I did a very short (less than one minute) fast run barefoot. I need to be sprinting again, but I want to work up to it gradually this time.

When I got home, my husband and I made this for lunch with my new food processor. Wow! My first attempt at cauliflower rice was so awful, but this recipe was just amazing. We were going to save half of it for later but ended up devouring the whole thing. (Oh, the guilt from our cauliflower pig-out!) I've been striking out a lot with introducing Paleo things to the kids, but I'm almost sure at least one of them will love this cauli-rice, or some variation of it.

1 comment: