Saturday, January 7, 2012

Grocery walk

It was only 25 degrees out this morning, but it was calm and blindingly sunny, so a long walk was high on my agenda. We also needed some groceries, so I got the brainstorm that my husband and I could just walk to the grocery store. It's about two miles from our house, and almost entirely bike trail and dirt path if you go the back way. We decided to bring our cloth bags, since we didn't want to deal with a plastic bag breaking on the way home.

It really was a lovely day, and the trails were all full of dog-walkers, cheerful joggers, and one guy who was walking home from Subway. We got our groceries and were heading back, when all the sudden my husband burst out with, "Look at us walking home from the store with our produce in our cloth bags! The people driving by probably want to go home and kill a tree just to offset our virtue."

What a great walk.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a much harder time with this diet this time around. We ate at the Texas Roadhouse on our anniversary, and I decided to eat a roll. Then, on wednesday, Mrs. Smith came in with a big box of homemade chocolates. How could I not eat a piece and tell her how good it was? Then I ate a piece of candy that our janitor made. I had your dad hide the candy from me- unfortunately, he knows where it is. Walking wise, I have walked 18 miles on the treadmill in seven days. I didn't walk on Friday, because I have a bruised toe on my left foot- perhaps from this suggestion of yours to run fast (which is 8 miles an hour for me) several times during the walk.

    ReplyDelete