Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Paleo challenge, Day 10

I keep trying to buy fresh spinach by the ginormous box from Costco, but since it's usually just me eating it, I can never get through it fast enough. But I recently discovered the secret to eating lots and lots of spinach: Cook it. When it's raw, I can't choke down more than a cup at a time, especially now that ranch dressing is out and I still haven't found a great substitute. But it cooks down to nothing, and you can sneak it into almost anything that way.

Today alone, I used at least four or five cups of it making this meatball and spinach soup. It was so good that my husband and I finished it all, which means we each ate at least two cups of spinach. (Uh, not to mention more than a half-pound of ground beef, but remember, this experiment is about food choices, not calorie counting.)

The update for Day 10 is that I'm feeling pretty good. I'm pretty sure that I've started to lose some weight again, and I'm not collapsing in exhaustion in the middle of the day anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment