Sunday, September 4, 2011

Emu kebabs and cactus salad

We've been eating dinner at my mom and dad's house the past few days because we have other relatives in town staying with them. I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone else not only cook for me, but cook Paleo for me (and my sister, who decided to do it, too). Mom bought a Paleo cookbook, so we were browsing through that for ideas—and laughing at recipes like emu kebabs and cactus salad. ("What's in the cactus salad?" "CACTUS.")

Of course, everyone not eating Paleo thinks we are a bit nuts, and they are laughing, too.

It's good that everyone is so cheerful right now because, even though I obviously didn't force anyone to eat this way, I still feel responsible.

3 comments:

  1. Julie, what is the name of the cookbook you all are using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Diet-Cookbook-Breakfasts-Beverages/dp/0470913045

    But I am mostly relying on the good ol' Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the information...I will pass both on to my brother.

    ReplyDelete