Sunday, September 25, 2011

In the kitchen

Never eating out has its drawbacks.

We are constantly hand-washing frying pans. The vegetable drawer is stuffed so full you can't open it. We have three cutting boards, and they're always in the dishwasher. There's never a measuring cup or spoon clean when you need one. I've been buying fruit in bulk, and so there's always a bag of grapefruit or something out on the counter. The grill thingy we use for meat is constantly soaking in the sink. And we have to run the dishwasher twice a day.

Whine, whine, whine. But my mom says her blood pressure is down to 109/76—from what, I don't recall, but something a lot higher. I've never had high blood pressure, but I love hearing that, because it means good things are happening, and they're probably happening to me, too. Can't wait to weigh myself in five days and see if living like this is worth all the dishes.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait either! It's been fun to follow along. My weight is fine and my blood pressure is fine, but it certainly seems like parts of this diet make a lot of sense. In general, I want to move in the "eat only real food" direction, and I suppose more dishes is part of the territory with that as well!

    ReplyDelete