Thursday, November 10, 2011

While the sun shines

I had to listen to a General Mills investor conference for work yesterday, and it gave me the same icky feeling I get when I have to listen to R.J. Reynolds talk about how they're "improving demographics" by spreading to new markets.

In General Mills' case, they're "educating healthcare professionals and consumers about the benefit of whole grain" because they see "terrific opportunities for continued growth in global cereal." In other words, people in Japan are having fish and vegetables for breakfast! We need to get them eating Trix!

I can't do anything about cereal companies trying to make the whole world fat, but I figured I could at least reduce the cereal consumption in my own house. So I got up early this morning and made the kids hash browns, bacon, and fruit for breakfast. Then I did the dishes, made some tea, made breakfast for my husband and me, got several things ready for an easy lunch, and got straight down to work.

See, I'm embracing my whole "make hay while the sun shines" philosophy. Except not hay, because those grains will kill ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment