Sunday, June 18, 2023

Whole30 Day 13

What I ate:

Today was pretty busy for me, so I spent most of it grabbing whatever I could find that was Whole30 compliant and eating it whenever I was too hungry to work. At one point that consisted of a spoonful of almond butter and some blueberries, so that pretty much sums up my day.

How I felt:

We kept a window open in the bedroom last night (BECAUSE IT IS JUNE), but I woke up at midnight with congestion, a sore throat, an earache, and an ICY WIND blowing through. I did not actually catch a cold from the Montana-summer draft, but I also didn’t sleep very well. (Oh, also, I thought it would be a great idea to try out a [new] pillow I bought at a garage sale, and I fought with it all night because it’s EVIL.)

Despite all that I’m actually feeling great; sorry to be dramatic.

What I thought:

Thirty days feels pretty long on a Whole30, and it suddenly occurs to me that doing one in June is an awesome way to make the most pleasant days of the year feel longer, if you wanted to put a positive spin on things.

How I plan to feed myself tomorrow:

At some point I finished working, pulled it together, and made some sausage patties and salad chicken. If I’m going to continue this beyond 30 days as I was intending, I REALLY need to work on finding some delicious recipes in the next two weeks. My current food is fine but definitely not as tasty as it was before this.

No comments:

Post a Comment