Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Whole30 Day 8

What I ate:

Meal 1: Sausage patty, asparagus, raspberries, coffee (8:00)

Meal 2: Sausage patty, soup (12:30)

Meal 3: Potato and vegetable hash, kiwi (6:00)

How I felt:

It’s another day of optimism that this is actually helping. I feel distinctly better than I did at the start, from head to toe. (As in, a little sharper mentally, a little more motivated, a little happier, a little thinner, a little less inflamed, and in a little less ankle pain.)

What I thought:

I’ve decided to commit harder to healing my Achilles. (Note to self: Remember, that’s priority #1!) I went through several months of physical therapy a couple of years ago, and it didn’t help much, but I did learn the stretches and things I should be doing. I also have a set of anti-snoring exercises from the snoring app that I’ve been doing very irregularly. So for the rest of this Whole30 I am committing to do them both, and probably in tandem, since I can stretch my calves and stick my tongue out at the same time.

Incidentally, snoring is near the bottom of my list of conditions I want to improve (it goes something like heal Achilles, lose fat, lower blood pressure, improve circulation, improve motivation and focus, get stronger, improve endurance, stop snoring). But this is somewhat in my control, and I imagine sleeping better would help with many things.

How I plan to feed myself tomorrow:

Not sure as of this writing, but I think for this to work it is really important to have something in the fridge that can just be reheated. You never know when you’ll hit another wave of low motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment